In October 2016 Hyster organized its second Hub Event at Weeze airport. More than 700 guests from many countries visited the event. From warehousing equipment to container handlers, Hyster educated guests about how these tough, application centric solutions offer both durability and a low cost of ownership.
Special highlights were the big trucks for container handling and the brand new electric 8 ton truck with high voltage (350V) Li-ion battery, achieving 100% charge in just two hours.
Other highlights were:
- The Hyster Tracker fleet management system; showing how telematics can enhance productivity, control costs and optimise a fleet as businesses face Industry 4.0
- A wide range of solutions for steel applications; to help maintain a low cost of ownership and provide fuel efficiency, including truck modifications especially for the demanding steel industry and attachments for handling loads of different weights, shapes and sizes
- Fully automated warehouse solutions (a Hyster first timer), including options for tough and durable automated VNA and reach trucks
- Two weighing systems – Static and Static PLUS – that can be fitted to tough Hyster ReachStackers to obtain a Verified Gross Mass (VGM), as required by the recently introduced SOLAS Legislation
- A flexible, modular Tugger Train system. Designed to help support Just In Time manufacturing applications, loads can now be transported efficiently to and from the manufacturing line using a wide selection of different trollies
- Hysters side battery extract solution for electric forklifts up to 3.5 tonnes, as well as the new Powered Battery Exchange Stacker which has been designed to help give more options for easily exchanging the battery on trucks from 1.5-5.5T
- Robust Hyster solutions to support the paper and recycling industry, including an electric forklift truck with a clamp attachment for paper roll transport and the popular ‘Cool Truck’ which helps prevent truck engines from overheating due to dust, dirt and debris in these challenging industries
Hyster Brand Manager, Kate Pointeau explains more in a video interview with Logistics Inside Europe.
, Container handling
, Container trucks
, Hyster HUB
, Hyster Hub Event
, Lift truck
, Lift trucks
, Lithium ion